Digie-Shala is an intrapreneurial venture by Tata Steel that aims at educating students and working professionals for gaining the skills and knowledge required to excel in their careers.
Tata Steel Learning & Development, a century-old learning & development wing of Tata Steel, has the vision to see Tata Steel become a pioneer in transforming the education landscape – a model for continuous, lifelong learning to meet the needs of tomorrow’s world which would eventually result in impacting every household in the world.
Commenting on the program the company said, “We launched Tata Steel Digie-Shala in FY’21 to transform this vision into reality.”
“Tata Steel Digie-Shala through its world-class technical training caters to a wide range of audiences across the globe from school & college students, teachers, working professionals, and organizations in their upskilling journey thus paving the way towards uplifting the capability of the entire ecosystem in the Education domain across the globe”, the company added.
“This model might be immensely useful as we spread our wings to the developing economies”, it added.
The Uniqueness of the Programme
Commenting on the program, “We are the first company in the world which has adopted a 3-pronged ATR approach of acting as a comprehensive competency Assessment agency, Training provider, Recruitment Services in the Steel industry domain.”
“We have come up with Tata Steel Digie-Shala which encapsulates all these offerings onto one platform on our e-commerce website. The assessment pertains to different skillsets of a steel industry targeted at diverse audiences ranging from in-service professionals to Diploma / Engineering students”, the company said.
“The training aspect has been transformed from the conventional methods of imparting classroom training to a virtual blended learning approach which encompasses the E-learning mode, Smart classes and Simulators”, it added.
On the recruitment front it has been designed Work from Home(WFH) Internships which caters to all students from any part of the country who wants to get an experience of Tata Steel.
Additionally, recruiting several top-notch candidates for the Tata Group companies and supply chain partners, and there are even collaborated with the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) to set up an employment exchange (Model Career Centre) to facilitate placements for meritorious students.
Advantages for Students
- Helps the students in becoming industry ready.
- Students can assess their knowledge in various process domains.
- Adding weightage to their resumes through Tata Steel certified e-learning certificates.
- All-round year option of doing internships at Tata Steel through Tata Prashikshan portal (read the terms and conditions carefully).
- Stay updated with the latest trends going through the manufacturing sector around the world.
Advantages for Professionals
- Helps the professionals in staying industry relevant.
- Professionals can assess their knowledge regarding the core concepts of their roles in any process industry.
- Adding weightage to their profile through Tata Steel certified e-learning certificates.
- Stay updated with the latest trends going through the process industry around the world.
- An opportunity to learn about best practices in different work areas of a process industry outside the individual’s current role.
Advantages for Corporates
- Leverage the futuristic Human Resource services of Tata Steel covering the areas from digital transformation to diversity and culture to leadership.
- Exploring the science of workforce planning to unleash the potential of their organization through Tata Steel’s Productivity Services Consultancy.
- An opportunity to grow by undergoing a 100+ year young company’s best technical and managerial training services accompanied with a customized MIS to give a better picture of the learning curve of each employee.
Digie-Shala’s vision is to see Tata Steel become the leader and catalyst in transforming the education landscape of India- A model for continuous, lifelong learning to meet the needs of tomorrow’s world which would eventually result in impacting every household in India.